Thursday, June 30, 2011

Roasted Tomatoes

Slow Roasted Tomatoes

I hate to admit that I have been sort of lazy this summer, and not wanting to cook much. I have been staying away from the more complicated dishes and trying to stick to the basic easy to cook dishes.

This recipe was so simple, and can turn ordinary dishes into the extraordinary dishes! Add it to salads, pizza, marinara, scrambled eggs, or my sun-dried-feta-cauliflower ,or even soups! I found myself snacking on them, because they store easily!
Loaded with tons of Antioxidant goodness!


  • 16 Vine-ripened tomatoes 
  • Two tablespoons of olive oil
  • Kosher Sea salt

Preheat oven to 275.
Slice tomato's 1/2 inch each and place tomatoes on to parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle olive oil on top, and sprinkle lightly salt. Roast for 3 hours.



Make sure to chill the tomatoes before refrigerating. You can easily store these for up to a week, in a Ziploc bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.