Thursday, June 23, 2011

Banana Pancakes


Banana Pancakes


I am pancake snob. You have coffee snobs, wine conesures and then me the pancake-connoisseur-snob. I am on the search for the perfect Paleo Pancake, and have yet to find one or make one. Out of all the recipes that we have tried so far none of compared to my beloved Saturday morning pancakes. 

This recipe is close to my liking! Out of all the Almond Flour recipes that I have tried online so far, the consistency of the batter is closes to pancakes. They are not to salty, the do not fall apart, no crumbling. What I would do next time is take out the Apple Cider Vinegar. My kids and their friends asked for seconds, so it does past the kid test.

As a pancake-conesures-snob, I rate this pancake recipe at a 7 out of 10. So far the other Almond flour recipes I have tried rated at a 3, so that is not to shabby! 





  • 2 cups Almond Flour 
  • 2 Whole eggs
  • 2 Egg yokes
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of Maple extract
  • 1/2 cup of Pure Maple Syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (optional)
  • 1/2 cup of Almond Milk
  • 1 mashed Banana!!
  • 1 tablespoon of melted butter ( optional)


When measuring with a 1/4 cup Makes 14 to 15 pancakes. 


Takes a while to cook on each side, I would recommend 3 to 5 minutes, on low to medium heat on each side. If the heat is too high, almond flour will burn easily.
Fluffy! 

Stacked and ready to eat

Garnished or accessorized? 

Notice if heat is too high, almond flour easily burns
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.