Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Carrot Macadamia Coconut Honey Raw Balls

Pin It


Recently I saw a photo posted from Foodie and the Family for Carrot Cake  Bites, courtesy of Daily Bites.


The recipe and photo inspired me to make a special treat for my kids and husband! We have been very cautious as what nuts we use, and have been favoring Macadamia nuts these days due to the omega 6:3 ratio. Macadamia nuts also contains all essential amino acids, and contains healthy fibers. Overall they are best for us!




Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of Macadamia nuts
  • 1/3 cup of Unsweetened Coconut shredded
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup of Honey, depends on desire of sweetness
  • One carrot shredded, about 1/3 of a cup.
  • 10 dates pitted, and soaked in water for 5 minutes to soften
  • 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
  • 2 tablespoon of Coconut to roll balls in

Directions:


In a blender process Macadamia Nuts, and then simply individually add each item. Roll into tiny balls and then on a plate roll spread enough shredded coconut and roll to coat!


Serve and enjoy! Pin It


4 comments:

  1. Mmm, these look great! Think a dash of cinnamon would add to the flavour? Carrot has never looked sweeter. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I am going to have to add macadamia nuts and coconut to my grocery list this week so I can make these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys!!! They were yummy and went fast! Alex, I think Cinnamon would be an absolute in this recipe. I would do only a dash too. Next time I make it I may add a little 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract too! So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made them !! Didnt have any macadamias so used almonds instead...also added 1tsp of raw cacao...Very Yummy !!

    ReplyDelete

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.