Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainbow Carrots


 Several weeks ago, I was surfing the internet as I usually do, looking at photos of food blogs that are a joy to look at, primarily for the gorgeous photos of yummy food that makes you crave it that second! Primarily I go, just to look at the photos of course. All the love and skilled creativity that goes into food blogs. The staging of the meal, the lighting, and how some dishes seem to pop out and say Make Me Now and then Eat Me!


While looking for our Easter Dinner, (I had decided that carrots would be the best themed menu for this year), I found the most amazing photos of Rainbow Carrots at Family Fresh Cooking. And yes these carrots screamed Eat Me, ASAP.


So off to the market I went to buy my own batch of Rainbow Carrots, and to my surprise my trustee whole foods market did not have them in stock. Sadly, realizing that rainbow carrots would not possible happen for Easter Dinner, I headed to my corner grocery market for some last minute items, and there they were. Flashing the brilliant colors of purple, red, orange, and yellow. In my head I was singing hallelujah.


Yes, I know it may seem funny, or even trivial, that I get this excited about food, and carrots for that matter. But I do. And it was fun taking the photos. The colors were gorgeous, and they tasted amazing. With just a touch of garlic to the melted Kerrygold Butter, and then slow roasted to perfection.


Ingredients:
  • 1Batch of Rainbow Carrots
  • 2 Tablespoons of melted Kerrygold Butter
  • 2 teaspoons of Garlic Seasoning
  • Fresh Thyme (optional)
Directions:

Set to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt butter and add in spices. Wash/ dry, and cut off the tops of the carrots. Place carrots on parchment paper, and with a rubber brush, start to brush on butter mixture on to the carrots. Make sure to turn the carrots while brushing. I roasted mine for about 45 minutes, but times may vary. 


Serve and Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We grew some one year, and I was just as excited as you...it was like looking at art for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are lovely! I went back to the store to buy more, and they were out. Our farmers Market opens this May, and we are excited to buy more soon!

      Delete
  2. Where can you buy Rainbow Carrots in the United States?

    ReplyDelete

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.