Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hollandaise Sauce

Pin It




The rule of thumb for Hollandaise sauce, is one egg yolk per serving. Seeing that I made six servings for my Eggs Benedict recipe, I have decided to use 6 yolks. We reserved the whites for another recipe. This would be a perfect opportunity to make a meringue pie, or macaroon cookies. 


This was my first time to make Hollandaise sauce, and Eggs Benedict. It turned out successful, except that I made the sauce before the eggs were done, and my sauce hardened a little, because it sat on the side for a few minutes. With out thinking I threw some of the sauce in a bowl and put in the microwave to liquify my sauce… :-) Needless to say that was a fail, and a scrambled my Hollandaise sauce after all. So lesson learned, don't let your Hollandaise sauce sit to set, and don't microwave…


Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons of juice of a lemon
  • 3/4 cup of  Clarified Organic Kerrygold  Butter
  • 6 egg yolks
  • Pinch of Cayenne, and paprika
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
Directions:
In a skillet boil water. In a stainless steel bowl, add egg yolks and lemon juice. Hold steel bowl over boiling water, but carefully do not let the bowl touch the water. Rigorously whisk, yolk sauce will thicken, whisk as fast as possible so eggs will not get over heated and scramble. Once yolks are looking like a thick sauce, add clarified butter. Slowly, and in segments. Whisking rapidly, until all butter is added. Add salt and spices. Drizzle neatly over Eggs Benedict.  

Serve and enjoy!

Click Here for Eggs Benedict
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.