Monday, January 16, 2012

Cinnamon Fruit Crumb Cake



Teasing me, in my freezer sat 3 bags of fresh picked raspberries, black berries, and blueberries, that had been picked at a local Oregon Farm this summer, by my daughters and I. No longer could I pass these amazing berries, calling me to bake them into something special.

 Although, we did have almond meal on hand, I decided to use Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix, which is wheat free and gluten free. After two years of baking with Almond meal, I am opting to find other avenues to bake with, the Almonds are to harsh sometimes on our bellies, and now we are trying to find other baking substitutes. Coconut flour, is great, but it does not provide the texture that I was looking for on this special recipe.

Here is my gluten free crumb cake.


Ingredients:

Cake Filling

  • 1 1/2 cup of Pamela's Baking Mix
  • 3 Eggs
  • 3/4  cup of Brown Sugar
  • 2/3 cup of greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp of lemon zest
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon


Middle:

  • 1 cup of blueberries ( defrosted, and rinsed)
  • 1 cup of raspberries ( defrosted, and rinsed)
  • 1 cup of blackberries ( defrosted, and rinsed)
  • 2/3 cup of greek yogurt 


For topping


  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
  • 1 stick of butter room temperature 
  • 1/4 cup of Pamela's Ultimate Baking mix



Mix listed above ingredients for the Cake filling, in a medium size bowl. Butter a 12 x 9 stoneware baker. Spoon batter into bottom of the baker.

After defrosting berries, rinse and dry with paper towels if needed. Lay on top of the cake mixture, and top with the brown sugar topping. Topping mixture I just used a spoon to place in upon the berry mixture. Don't worry if it does not apply evenly, or look perfect right now, it will all melt beautifully while baking!

Bake at 350 degrees F, for 25 to 40 minutes. You will need to watch closely. Using a cake tester, bake until it comes out clean.

Serve and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.