Monday, May 30, 2011

Coconut Flour Brownies

Organic Coconut Flour Brownies

Did you know that Chocolate is a super food? Chocolate has tremendous health benefits that can not be ignored. So Eat up! Eat for your heart, eat for your memory, eat it for your health!

Below is a brownie recipe that I made yesterday. It is not yet perfected, but if I promise I will be making a new and improved batch this week. It was still very delicious. I was not a fan of the Agauve so I may try Applesauce or stick with regular sugar, and would like to replace the olive oil with Grapeseed oil, coconut oil, or Walnut Oil next time!
  • About 1 cup of Olive oil, give or take.
  • 1 cup of Cocoa Powder
  • 12 eggs or equivalent egg substititute. 
  • 1/2 cup of Agauve
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of Vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of Coconut Flour ( Lets Do… Organic)
  • hand full of chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
Pre- heat oven to 350. Whisk eggs and add olive oil, extract, and aguave. Stir, and add Cocoa Powder and coconut flour. Finally add chocolate chips and walnuts!

This was a good brownie mix and was gone in a days time. It is just not my all time best! To me it tasted like a healthy brownie! All in all, this recipe would get 7 starts out of 10. Stay tune for more brownie recipes to follow!
We did have a fun time making the brownies, which is the main reason I cook, and that is to enjoy the experience with my family. Below I included some pictures. Violet even got into the mixing!










1 comment:

  1. This looks great. I think I'll try it with coconut oil instead of olive oil!

    ReplyDelete

Alltop. We're kind of a big deal.